The Joy of the Lord is Our Strength
May 6, 2012
James W. Goll
Scriptures on Holy Laughter
1. Genesis 21:6 - And Sarah said, "God has made laughter for me; everyone who hears will laugh with me." 撒拉說：「 神使我喜笑，凡聽見的必與我一同喜笑」；
2. Psalm 2:4 - He who sits in the heavens laughs... 那坐在天上的必發笑；主必嗤笑他們。
3. Psalm 37:12-13 - The wicked plots against the righteous, and gnashes at him with his teeth. The Lord laughs at him; for He sees his day is coming. 12惡人設謀害義人，又向他咬牙。13主要笑他，因見他受罰的日子將要來到
4. Psalm 59:8 - But Thou, O Lord, dost laugh at them; Thou dost scoff at all the nations. 但你─耶和華必笑話他們；你要嗤笑萬邦。
5. Psalm 126:1-2a - When the Lord brought back the captive ones of Zion, we were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with joyful shouting... 1當耶和華將那些被擄的帶回錫安的時候，我們好像做夢的人。2我們滿口喜笑、滿舌歡呼的時候，
6. Ecclesiastes 3:4a - A time to weep, and a time to laugh... 哭有時，笑有時；
7. John 17:13 - I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of My joy within them. 現在我往你那裡去，我還在世上說這話，是叫他們心裡充滿我的喜樂。
From the Writings of Jonathan Edwards
"It was very wonderful to see how persons' affections were sometimes moved, when God did, as it were, suddenly open their eyes, and let into their minds a sense of the greatness of His grace, the fullness of Christ, and His readiness to save... Their joyful surprise has caused their hearts as it were to leap, so that they have been ready to break forth into laughter, tears often at the same time issuing like a flood, and intermingling a loud weeping. Sometimes they have not been able to forebear crying out with a loud voice, expressing their great admiration. The manner of God's work on the soul, sometimes, is very mysterious."
What is this Holy Laughter?
1. Medicine to the weary - God's antidote.
2. Joining with the Holy Spirit in spiritual warfare.
3. Prophetic view that things will change.
4. An inner attitude of gratefulness expressed outwardly.
5. An expression of celebration out of a revelation of His great grace!
6. A means of empowerment for Christian service.
7. Just plain fun!
More Scriptures on the Joy of the Lord!
In no manner am I saying that the "joy of the Lord" is limited to expressions of "holy laughter". But it can include it - right?
There is also a place in God where His joy is also a quiet assurance that things are well with your soul and you are content in God. This has a lot to do with joy being the by- product of obedience. His joy is in His Kingdom and when we are citizens of that realm we partake of that supernatural fruit.
Here are a Few More Scriptures We Can Pray this Week:
• Nehemiah 8:10 - Then he said to them, "Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to him who has nothing prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." 又對他們說：「你們去吃肥美的，喝甘甜的，有不能預備的就分給他，因為今日是我們主的聖日。你們不要憂愁，因靠耶和華而得的喜樂是你們的力量。」
• 1 Chronicles 16:33 - Then the trees of the forest will sing for joy before the LORD; For He is coming to judge the earth. 那時，林中的樹木都要在耶和華面前歡呼，因為他來要審判全地。
• 2 Chronicles 29:30 - Moreover, King Hezekiah and the officials ordered the Levites to sing praises to the LORD with the words of David and Asaph the seer. So they sang praises with joy, and bowed down and worshiped. 希西家王與眾首領又吩咐利未人用大衛和先見亞薩的詩詞頌讚耶和華；他們就歡歡喜喜地頌讚耶和華，低頭敬拜。
• Psalm 95:1 - O come, let us sing for joy to the LORD, Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. 來啊，我們要向耶和華歌唱，向拯救我們的磐石歡呼！
• Isaiah 51:11 - So the ransomed of the LORD will return And come with joyful shouting to Zion, and everlasting joy (will be) on their heads. They will obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing will flee away. 耶和華救贖的民必歸回，歌唱來到錫安；永樂必歸到他們的頭上。他們必得著歡喜快樂；憂愁歎息盡都逃避。
• Zephaniah 3:17 - The LORD your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy. 耶和華─你的 神是施行拯救、大有能力的主。他在你中間必因你歡欣喜樂，默然愛你，且因你喜樂而歡呼。
• Romans 14:17 - For the Kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 因為 神的國不在乎吃喝，只在乎公義、和平，並聖靈中的喜樂。
• Galatians 5:22 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness. 聖靈所結的果子，就是仁愛、喜樂、和平、忍耐、恩慈、良善、信實、
• 1 Thessalonians 1:6 - You also became imitators of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much tribulation with the joy of the Holy Spirit. 並且你們在大難之中，蒙了聖靈所賜的喜樂，領受真道就效法我們，也效法了主；
• Hebrews 12:2 - Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the Cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 仰望為我們信心創始成終的耶穌(或作：仰望那將真道創始成終的耶穌)。他因那擺在前面的喜樂，就輕看羞辱，忍受了十字架的苦難，便坐在 神寶座的右邊。
• 3 John 1:4 - I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth. 我聽見我的兒女們按真理而行，我的喜樂就沒有比這個大的。
• Jude 24 - Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy. 那能保守你們不失腳、叫你們無瑕無疵、歡歡喜喜站在他榮耀之前的我們的救主─獨一的 神，
Let's Call Forth the Joy of the Lord!
James W. Goll
Encounters Network • PrayerStorm • Compassion Acts
Dr. James W. Goll is the President of Encounters Network, Director of Prayer Storm, and coordinates Encounters Alliance, a coalition of leaders. He is Director of God Encounters Training – an e-school of the heart, and is a member of the Harvest International Ministries apostolic team. He has shared Jesus in more than 50 nations worldwide teaching and imparting the power of intercession, prophetic ministry, and life in the Spirit. James is the prolific author of numerous books and has also produced multiple study guides and hundreds of audio and video messages. James was married to Michal Ann for 32 years before her graduation to Heaven in the fall of 2008. James has four adult children who all love Jesus, and continues to make his home in the rolling hills of Franklin, Tennessee.